Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Pediatrics
- Toward the development of advocacy training curricula for pediatric residents: a national Delphi study.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 165-171
- Professional behaviors of physicians and pursuing social justice.JAMA. 2009; 302 ([author reply: 1269–70]): 1269
- Abraham Jacobi, MD: the man and his legacy.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: 309-312
- Addressing the millennial morbidity–the context of community pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1121-1123
- Community health and program services (CHAPS): health disparities among racial/ethnic populations.US Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta (GA)2008
- Technical report—racial and ethnic disparities in the health and health care of children.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e979-e1020
- Child and adolescent health care quality and disparities: are we making progress?.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 137-148
US Department of Health and Human Services. Maternal Child Health Bureau. 2015. Available at: http://mchb.hrsa.gov/infantmortality/index.html. Accessed September 1, 2015.
Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics. America's children in brief: key national indicators of well-being, 2014. 2014. Available at: http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/glance.asp. Accessed September 1, 2015.
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Social determinants of health. 2015. Available at: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/social-determinants-health. Accessed August 2, 2015.
- Expanding public health insurance to parents: effects on children's coverage under Medicaid.Health Serv Res. 2003; 38: 1283-1301
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. Status of state action on the Medicaid expansion decision. State health facts Available at: http://kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/state-activity-around-expanding-medicaid-under-the-affordable-care-act/. Accessed March 27, 2015.
- The impact of new health insurance coverage on undocumented and other low-income children: lessons from three California counties.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010; 21: 109-124
- Community pediatrics: navigating the intersection of medicine, public health, and social determinants of children’s health.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 623-628
National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership. Partnerships across the U.S. 2015. Available at: http://medical-legalpartnership.org/partnerships/. Accessed January 23, 2015.
- Feasibility of delivering influenza vaccine to household contacts of pediatric patients in a residents' continuity clinic.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 627-631
- Administration of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccine to parents of high-risk infants in the neonatal intensive care unit.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e550-e555
CBS News. Two infants dead in Texas whooping cough epidemic. Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_e57WaKLzw. Accessed February 8, 2015.
American Academy of Pediatrics. Council on Communications and Media. 2015. Available at: http://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/Committees-Councils-Sections/Council-on-Communications-Media/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Evidence-based community pediatrics: building a bridge from bedside to neighborhood.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1142-1147
The Guide to Community Preventive Services. What is the community guide? 2015. Available at: http://www.thecommunityguide.org/about/index.html. Accessed February 8, 2015.
- Health programs in faith-based organizations: are they effective?.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 1030-1036
- The role of lay health workers in pediatric chronic disease: a systematic review.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 408-420
American Academy of Pediatrics. Advocacy and policy. 2015. Available at: http://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/Pages/Advocacy-and-Policy.aspx. Accessed February 8, 2015.
- Legislative advocacy: evaluation of a grand rounds intervention for pediatricians.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 181-185
Academic Pediatric Association. Public Policy and Advocacy Committee. 2015. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/public_policy/public_policy_index.cfm. Accessed February 8, 2015.
- A history of the Academic Pediatric Association’s Public Policy and Advocacy initiatives.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 205-210
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Pediatrics. 2011. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/downloads/RRC_progReq/320_pediatrics_07012007.pdf. Accessed June 5, 2011.
- Educating the next generation of pediatricians in urban health care: the Anne E. Dyson Community Pediatrics Training Initiative.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 1184-1191
Community Pediatrics Training Initiative. Current grantees. Available at: http://www2.aap.org/commpeds/cpti/grantees.htm. Accessed April 10, 2014.
- Teaching community pediatrics to pediatric residents: strategic approaches and successful models for education in community health and child advocacy.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1150-1157
- A multi-institutional medical educational collaborative: advocacy training in California pediatric residency programs.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 314-321
Schwartzberg P. Catch Corner: New Jersey Residency Advocacy Program. The New Jersey Pediatrician. 2010;Summer:12.
- Pediatricians' involvement in community child health from 1989 to 2004.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008; 162: 658-664
- Five-year follow-up of Community Pediatrics Training Initiative.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 83-90
- Perspective: medical professionalism and medical education should not involve commitments to political advocacy.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 378-383
- Do medical professionalism and medical education involve commitments to political advocacy?.Acad Med. 2011; 86 ([author reply: 1065]): 1062-1063
- Physician-citizens–public roles and professional obligations.JAMA. 2004; 291: 94-98